Welcome to Rhea’s Neon Journal, and say hello to Lauren Layne and her Irresistibly Yours, the first book in the Oxford Series! Remember Cole, the freelancing hottie whom Cassidy could never manage to hire, and who played a short (yet sexy) role in Jake and Grace’s story? Yeah. That Cole. He’s here and he is here to stay. I’m so glad to host LL today, while she shares her favorite Sports-Related Romances of all time! Also, a huuuuge giveaway 🙂 Hop on to the other tour stops here!
Hotshot sports editor Cole Sharpe has been freelancing for Oxford for years, so when he hears about a staff position opening up, he figures he’s got the inside track. Then his boss drops a bombshell: Cole has competition. Female competition, in the form of a fresh-faced tomboy who can hang with the dudes—and write circles around them, too. Cole usually likes his women flirty and curvy, but he takes a special interest in his skinny, sassy rival, if only to keep an eye on her. And soon, he can’t take his eyes off her.
Penelope Pope knows all too well that she comes off as just one of the guys. Since she’s learned that wanting more usually leads to disappointment, Penelope’s resigned to sitting on the sidelines when it comes to love. So why does Cole make her want to get back in the game? The man is as arrogant as he is handsome. He probably sees her as nothing more than a barrier to his dream job. But when an unexpected kiss turns into a night of irresistible passion, Penelope has to figure out whether they’re just fooling around—or starting something real.
Confession time . . . I am perhaps the worst possible person to write a sports-themed romance, because I am, ahem . . .
Not a sports fan?!
Don’t get me wrong, I love going to the occasional summer baseball game, and I may or may not have a nerdy obsession with golf. But I never watch the Super Bowl, I don’t think I could name a single basketball team, and don’t even get me started on hockey.
But, BUT … I do love me some sports romances? What is THAT about?
I blame Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Ever since her Chicago Stars series, I’ve found myself slightly enamored with books that center around sports.
One might say that IRRESISTIBLY YOURS is an ode the sports romances out there, as both the hero and heroine are not only sports fans, but sports editors.
So let’s talk favorites! Below are my top five Sports-Related Romances of all time.
- It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips // a TRULY epic love story, you guys. The hero’s a football player, the heroine ends up managing his team. So much opposites attract. SO MUCH GOODNESS.
- Nothing But Trouble by Rachel Gibson // I’m a sucker for surly, wounded heros, and this is one of the best. Hero is an injured hocky player, heroine’s a bit of a mess who becomes his PA. My face practically cracked from smilng through this one.
- Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips // Yup, another SEP one! She’s the queen! This one features a sports agent who’s suave and a bit ruthless, and a clumsy delightful heroine who starts up her own match making company and uses him as practice. This book is on my top romances of all time list.
- All Broke Down by Cora Carmack // This one’s a bit different in that it’s New Adult and features a college football team, which isn’t normally my cup of tea, but Cora Carmack could write the phonebook and I’d love it. The hero of this one is a manwhore with a heart of gold, and is absolutely on my Book Boyfriend list!
- Hot Stuff by Carly Phillips // I owe a lot to Carly Phillips. Back in the day I’d taken a long hiatus from reading contemporary romance (I was on a major Regency kick), and it was her Hot Zone series about three sisters who get pulled into the sports world by their sports-lawyer uncle that brought me back. The Hot Stuff is everything that’s good about a sports romance; sexy, fun and not too serious.
Okay, so those are my top five, but I know I’m missing some!!! Help me out here, what else belongs on this list?
- Open to US ONLY.
- Contest open only until November 12th 2015.
- Please do not try to game the system. Cheaters never prosper.
Up for Grabs!
- eBook bundle of SWEET THE SIN by Claire Kent, BLURRED LINES by Lauren Layne, LOVING YOU IS EASY by Wendy S. Marcus, ACCIDENTALLY IN LOVE by Laura Drewry, MAJOR MISCONDUCT by Kelly Jamieson, HENDRIX by MJ Fields and Chelsea Camaron, SURRENDER by Violetta Rand, A HIGHLANDER’S PASSION by Vonnie Davis, and TAMED by Stacey Kennedy